School Attendance and the Ofsted Framework.
After something of a 'high profile' in Ofsted inspections for a time, the attendance focus seemed to fade somewhat in recent years with the criteria and set markers reduced from pages to a mere paragraph. However - IT'S BACK! The Ofsted Framework is changing to reflect the emphasis and relevance of attendance not only on achievement, but more specifically around safeguarding in schools, academies, alternative provision and other educational establishments.
Course duration: half-day
Suitable for: SLT Lead, Attendance Managers and staff with responsibility for pupil attendance
The course is intended to help delegates:
- To understand Ofsted expectations with particular reference to attendance and safeguarding, under the new framework
- To enable best preparation for the Ofsted inspection of attendance
- To collate and evidence attendance data, statistics & strategies
- To consider a model for developing a school attendance policy
A useful session: full of advice and guidance to all staff involved in Ofsted inspections. Here's what some of our previous participants have said about the course:
"Very informative, very helpful"................
"Learned things I didn't know- sharing good practice with other schools was really valuable"
"Good refresher and really useful updates to help develop our policy and procedures"
This session is delivered in conjunction with 'Effective Strategies to Reduce Persistent Absence" , which takes place in the afternoon, at the same venue.
- Lunch is provided for all attending the full day's training