Fast-Track Prosecution Process & Case Study Workshop
The new, streamlined process known as Fast Track Prosecution has now replaced the 'Spotlight' programme. The training has been extended to a full day, and includes case studies and more detailed input regarding early help. This offers participants an opportunity to explore particular scenarios that affect a range of primary, secondary and special schools. We hope this extended training will assist in implementing prosecution processes where necessary, but also address pre-prosecution alternative support mechanisms to raise attendance through early help.
Course duration: 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Suitable for: All Academies and Maintained Schools, Designated Liaison Person for pupil attendance; Head teachers; SLT Attendance Leads; Attendance Managers with leadership responsibility for attendance.
- How, why & when we take legal action
- Reviewing the 'Spotlight' process & transition to Fast-Track Prosecution
- Recording actions taken to meet the requirements of evidence in prosecutions
- Leave in Term Time
- An introduction to Early Help strategies
- Fast-Track case studies
- Legal interventions and outcomes
Please note: Course content is subject to change according to legal requirements & LA processes.
Please note: This course is for schools that fall within the Birmingham Local Authority boundaries only.
NOT A BIRMINGHAM SCHOOL? There are generic processes that can be implemented to make the action of court intervention a smooth(er) journey for all schools and academies. If your school is not within the Birmingham Local Authority, but you would be interested in attending a similar session, please let us know. While we cannot specify training for each particular LA with its own policies and process, we can offer the following:
- Guidance and practical advice running a fast track programme for prosecution
- What and how to collect, collate and present evidence
- Timelines for bringing a prosecution case
- Template documents for whole school/individual letters and witness statement formats for court
- Advice and guidance for court appearances etc.
Sufficient interest from schools in other areas regarding this topic will generate such a course - please contact us!